Budapest Danube Cruise with live music and sablefish

A couple of weeks ago we visited family in Hungary and since it was my husband’s first time in the city, apart from the family festivities we spent quite a bit of time on sightseeing as well.

First I took him to the baths.  We had a supreme and relaxing time and were quite sad to leave it behind after a day of soaking ourselves in thermal water.

After Szechenyi I took him on a Budapest DanubeCruise to get him understand why I loved this city so much.
It was a Budapest Danube Cruise with dinner and entertainment.

We were seated by the window but had a nice view of the stage as well.  Soon after our drink orders as well as our main course orders were taken and we laid back to enjoy the Budapest Danube Cruise.
We were served 4-courses, both the quantity and quality was sufficient, I especially liked the fish and sauce I had for main. My husband’s choice of main during this Danube Cruise was beef stew with barley.

Following dinner, a group of folk performers took the stage and entertained us with all sorts of folksongs. Generally, I do not like how the word authentic is overused in touristic areas, but this show was so tastefully done that even I found myself to be impressed with it.

The 3 hours went by too quickly and sadly our Budapest Cruise ended.

We had a wonderful time and will definitely consider taking another trip when in Budapest again.